Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Saturday Tailgating

Last year I was invited over to my cousins to watch Saturday college football. I ask what he needed me to bring and he said "just you and your appetite". He has a knack for making great food for watching football. So my brother and I made the hour and a half drive down. We had brats, burgers, veggies and dip. But there was one amazing sandwich he had made that I still love eating today.


The Beef and Peppercino Sandwich


It is a simple but tasty recipe. He credits a wonderful lady, Beverly Hager Smith for giving him the recipe. And for that my taste buds thank her. 

Get a beef roast 3-5 pounds and a jar of peppercinos. Use a crockpot or oven, place the roast in the pan or crockpot and pour the jar of peppercinos over the beef  and let cook till tear apart tender. Take your bun use a garlic butter spread and toast it.

Of course about any ice cold beer of your choice would go great with this great sandwich, but I recommend a glass of sweet iced tea with lemon vodka.

Happy tailgating everybody, and may your stomachs stay full.



No comments:

Post a Comment